See presentation slides from “How to Build a Successful Nomination” workshop on 4/30/2020.
The nomination period for the 2020 Director’s Awards is May 1st- June 30th.
2020 Director’s Awards Timeline:
May 1- June 30 – Director’s Awards Nomination Period
July 1- July 31– Division Review & Approval
August – Lab-wide Recognition Committee Review and recommend final candidates to Lab Director and Deputy Lab Directors for Research and Operations; Lab Director and Deputy Lab Directors make final determinations
September- Awardees notified, selections announced
November 12 (*tentative) – Award ceremony and reception
Nominations can be submitted until 11:59 pm on the deadline. Any Berkeley Lab Employee may submit a nomination, no self-nominations are allowed.
- Once the nomination period has closed, submitted nominations are reviewed at the Division/Area level. A maximum of two nominations per award category from each Division Review Committee can be selected to move forward for Lab Recognition Committee (LRC) Review. NEW this year! We are allowing a third nomination as long as total nominations in the category do not exceed two scientific or ops staff members.
- Divisions may revise or edit nominations during the review period, up to the DRC deadline (work with your division reviewer).
- The Lab Recognition Committee (LRC) goes through a pre-selection of all nominations, reviewing and ranking each nomination and advancing the top nominations in each award area to the final stage.
- Next, the final group of nominations are reviewed at the in-person Lab Recognition Committee meeting. During this meeting, the nominator or their proxy presents the nomination (using the summary slide). The Committee then votes on each nomination. These votes are weighted and ranked, and up to 15 Director’s Award Nominations and 2 Berkeley Lab Prize Nominations are recommended to the Lab Director.
- In consultation with the Deputy Laboratory Directors, the Lab Director makes the final determination of achievements and individuals and/or teams to be recognized with awards.