The 2021 nomination period is now closed. Awardees will be announced in September.
Watch the 2021 Director’s Awards Process video:
How to nominate:
The nomination process requires that the nominator:
- Completes the appropriate nomination by Google Forms:
- Director’s Award for Exceptional Achievement – Individual and Team Nominations
- Berkeley Lab Prize – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Prepares a slide summarizing the candidate’s or team’s achievement(s). Presenters are not required to present summary slides.
- Obtains two letters of support (Minimum of two, maximum of five)
- Submits all nomination materials via Google Forms by the nomination deadline. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please note: Nominations submitted after the deadline will be considered for the following year’s awards.
- Nominations and summary slides will be reviewed during the Lab Wide Recognition Committee meeting.
Review of Nominations:
- Nominations are initially reviewed at the Division/Area level. No more than two nominations from each area are selected for further review by the Lab-wide Recognition Committee.
- The Committee goes through a pre-selection, reviewing and ranking each nomination and advancing the top three nominations in each award area to the final stage.
- Next, the final group of nominations are reviewed at the Lab-wide Recognition Committee meeting. During this meeting, the LRC will review nomination packages and slides, and will vote on each nomination. Votes are weighted and ranked, and up to 15 Director’s Award Nominations and 2 Berkeley Lab Prize Nominations are recommended to the Lab Director.
- Note: Presenters are no longer required to present nomination slides during the LRC meeting.
- In consultation with the Deputy Laboratory Directors, the Lab Director makes the final determination of achievements and individuals and/or teams to be recognized with awards.
The names of the awardees are generally made public during the month of September.
Awardees will receive the monetary portion of the award in their September 13th (biweekly paid employees) or the October 1st (monthly paid employees) paycheck.
The Recognition Event is generally scheduled during the Fall (November).