The nomination period for the 2020 Director’s Awards is May 1st- June 30th.
How to nominate:
The nomination process requires that the nominator:
- Completes the appropriate nomination by Google Forms:
- Director’s Award for Exceptional Achievement – Individual and Team Nominations
- Berkeley Lab Prize – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Prepares a slide summarizing the candidate’s or team’s achievement(s):
- Director’s Award for Exceptional Achievement – Individual or Team Slide Template
- Berkeley Lab Prize – Lifetime Achievement – Slide Template
- Obtains two letters of support.
- Submits all nomination materials via Google Forms by the nomination deadline. Contact [email protected] with any questions. Please note: Nominations submitted after the deadline will be considered for the following year’s awards.
- Presents the nomination to the Lab-wide Recognition Committee at their annual review meeting. Presentations are limited to 3 minutes; 1 presenter; 1 slide.
Review of Nominations:
- Nominations are initially reviewed at the Division/Area level. No more than two nominations from each area are selected for further review by the Lab-wide Recognition Committee.
- The Committee goes through a pre-selection, reviewing and ranking each nomination and advancing the top three nominations in each award area to the final stage.
- Next, the final group of nominations are reviewed at the Lab-wide Recognition Committee meeting. During this meeting, the nominator or their proxy presents the nomination (using the summary slide). The Committee then votes on each nomination. These votes are weighted and ranked, and up to 15 Director’s Award Nominations and 2 Berkeley Lab Prize Nominations are recommended to the Lab Director.
- In consultation with the Deputy Laboratory Directors, the Lab Director makes the final determination of achievements and individuals and/or teams to be recognized with awards.
The names of the awardees are generally made public during the month of September.
Awardees will receive the monetary portion of the award in their September 13th (biweekly paid employees) or the October 1st (monthly paid employees) paycheck.
The Recognition Event is generally scheduled during the Fall.