Any employee of Berkeley Lab may nominate another employee. Self-nominations are not allowed. Employees must be actively working in an eligible classification during the time of the accomplishment and at the time of award payment. Employees in a union-represented bargaining unit are eligible for award programs at Berkeley Lab only when a wage agreement is in place for that bargaining unit.
- Student Assistant
- Faculty and Visiting Faculty – Director’s Award for Exceptional Achievement only∗
- Visiting Researcher
- Rehired Retirees
- Affiliates (formerly known as guests)
- Supplemental Labor (formerly known as contractors)
- Independent Contractors and Consultants
- Members of the UC Senior Management Group (cannot receive the monetary portion of the award
- Division Directors (cannot receive the monetary portion of the award)
∗Note: Faculty and Visiting Faculty are not eligible for the Berkeley Lab Prize, but they are eligible for the Director’s Award for Exceptional Achievement.