The deadline to submit Director’s Award nominations is April 13, 2018.
Late or incomplete nominations will not be considered.
How to nominate:
The nomination process requires that the nominator:
- Completes the appropriate nomination form:
- Prepares a slide summarizing the candidate’s or team’s achievement(s)
- Obtains two letters of support
- Submits all nomination materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by the nomination deadline.
Review of Nominations:
- Nominations are initially reviewed at the Division/Area level. No more than two nominations in each area are selected for further review by the Lab-wide Recognition Committee.
- The Lab-wide Recognition Committee reviews and ranks each nomination.
- Based upon this review and ranking, the top three nominations in each award area are then reviewed during the Lab-wide Recognition Committee meeting.
- During this meeting, scheduled for June 26, 2018, the nominator or their proxy presents the nomination (using the summary slide) to the Committee.
- The Committee then ranks the nominations one final time, and up to 15 Director’s Award Nominations and 2 Berkeley Lab Prize Nominations are recommended to the Lab Director to be selected for recognition. The Lab Director, in consultation with the Deputy Laboratory Directors, makes the final determination of achievements and individuals and/or teams to be recognized with awards.
Award Recipients are announced in the month of September.
Monetary award are received in the September 15th paycheck (biweekly paid employees) or the September 29th paycheck (monthly paid employees).
The Recognition Event will occur in the month of December.